Search This Blog

Saturday 15 October 2011

Motion and Movement Angel veins and Patterns....

After looking at the heart,I looked at Gunter Van Hagens work, I loved the heart shown above and I began to think of the veins surrounding the heart(Angel Veins) and the amount of moving blood flowing through them,

Angel Veins,

Angel Veins,


Close up of Angel Veins, 

This is me experimenting with wire a fabric to create the effect of Angel veins, I used a reflective red fabric, Florist wire and blue wool,


I also decided to look more closely at the heart from a microscopic point of view,



The top 3 pictures are creating the effect of the heart muscle close up, i felt the 3 different stages while i made it were  interesting,


I also noticed while watching a documentary the similarities between the pattern of the Angel Veins, the heart muscle and Rice(Paddy) Fields in china, which were made over a period of 8,000 by mans movement,

Pattern of a rice field,


Pattern in white,

The pattern in red,





No comments:

Post a Comment