Search This Blog

Saturday 29 October 2011

continuation of my Angel veins idea..:D

This is the beginning of my angel veins sculpture, I used chicken wire, cardboard and news paper....and a lot of PVA glue...:)

and masking tape....


In this page of my sketch book my friend Meg holds my unfinished sculpture to give you the idea of how I would turn this into a wearable piece...also the rough sketch..:D

Here I began to cover it completely in newspaper and masking tape...

Here are plans and photo of it suspended on a wooden support painted white....I painted it white so it wouldn't take from the sculpture in the white corridors of the college,


Here I play with the idea of covering it in felted wool....so I made a few swatches using wool to mimic the tissue of the heart....



This is ecrim fleece and latex mixed with red paint...creates a really bloody effect,

My first self taught attempt at weaving...

My first self taught attempt at English Smocking...

This is 6 separate pieces of finger knitting woven together...



The last 3 pictures shows my First self taught attempt at Lattice Smocking...I did quite well..:D

This is from my contextual notebook, all of these sculptural pieces were made completely from paper....the artist names are Lyndi Saler, Georgia Russel, Gary Harvey, Riki Moss and Noriko Ambe....all these and more can be found in a an amazing book called "Slash",


Examples of embroidery mimicking organic surfaces, also from my contextual...

My studio wall.....:P

No comments:

Post a Comment