Search This Blog

Thursday 15 March 2012

Pattern...XD

THis is a Three week project in which we explore Pattern, through mark making and experimenting with fabric. we are expected to have a large body of work the 30th of march so better get designing..:)

Primary Source Images





These are were and what I looked at for inspiration. I began looking around my own house, my Nannas house and My college, I decide on the theme of  "Decay" focusing mainly on the decay and ageing of wood and wooden furniture. I then proceeded to taking rubbing's of objects around the college to see if I could get more Information on pattern in the urban and natural environment. 

Rubbing's 


A grate,


A window with a bumpy effect,


Tiles on a floor,


The grain on a wooden door,


Bark of a tree,


A outside vent,


A fireplace,


A water manhole,


A Staircase,


A manhole,


A manhole,


A grate above a confessional booth,


Fireplace,

Patterns from source images







Weaving of a pattern,


another weaving,

Patterns altered on Photoshop,























So far I am really enjoying this project, its challenging but in a good way, Next we'll be moving onto Fabric...:D




No comments:

Post a Comment