Search This Blog

Monday 16 January 2012

PAINTING......


Just started my two weeks of my painting elective, to be honest first day wasn't very good, boring in fact, but I do like painting as a discipline so I'm going to hanging there and not totally dismiss it. The two weeks we were is basically exploring the discipline of painting, which as usual is extremely vague....

We started with picking Images that inspire and excite us so I choose Alexander Mcqueen, His designs always excite me and I choose images from my own work and from nature which I tend to get a lot my inspiration from,





The two Images above are inspiring to me, I was thinking about the veins and the heart and how they need protection,



The surface of the Heart is protected by Muscle and fat and a ribe cage, which is like a suit of armour, and I looked at different animals and thought of feathers on a bird and how they evolved from scales to beautifl a various colours and shapes, Feathers aren't the kind of protect the protects from hard more the kind that protects from extinction by attracting partners with there beauty and can intimidate rivals a predators with there size,





In all three pieces Mcqueen used feathers to create both beautiful and Intimidating Pieces, he used dyed duck feathers, sprayed gold feathers and Pheasant feathers,

"Birds in flight fascinate me. I admire eagles and falcons. I'm inspired by a feather but also its colour, its graphics, its weightlessness and its engineering. Its so elaborate. Infact I try transpose the beauty of a bird to women." 

I found this Quote In "Alexander Mcqueen, Savage Beauty Catalogue" pg 172. 

I want to attempt to translate the beauty and protectiveness of natural armour to painting during the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment